Choose Your Seat
There are many steps to take when getting ready for college. Selecting the right school is probably the most challenging goal of college planning. Asking questions helps lead to the right choice for you. Often times we have found there might be more than one right choice too. Consider these questions:
- How do you learn and what professor styles are best for you?
- Are you prepared to take the SAT/ACT tests?
We break the steps into two major categories:
- Getting organized for college
- Getting to know who you are – self evaluation
Getting Ready for College Means Getting Organized
To maximize your efforts, it is vital to get organized when beginning your college preparation. Utilizing a college planning checklist will keep you on track. For example we recommend in your high school Freshmen year:
- Start thinking about different college options
- Create a specific email account to use only for college search/application
- If you do not have a Social Security number yet, apply for one.
- Register for the mailing list for your “dream” colleges.
- Look into extracurricular activities at your school and get involved.
- Attend a college fair.